We’ll be back with another in-person Festval weekend on 12th-14th July, 2024 in the same venue as 2023 (Trinity College, Bristol UK). More details soon. Save the date!
The first series of our online GFFO took place in 2021, inspired by the popular TV show, The Great British Bake Off and Nancy Stohlman’s fun definition of flash fiction, above.
Come and join other flash fiction fans for more fun and flash on Zoom. Saturdays: October 28th; November 25th, 2023, January 13th, 2024.
Our festival days are open to all writers from around the world, those familiar with flash fiction and those who want to learn more.11.00 am GMT to 6.30 pm GMT.
On offer each month:
Three workshops each month (60 mins or 90 mins long) with well known teachers and writers on all aspects of flash.
- Carrie Etter, Ken Elkes and Roberta Beary, Saturday October 28th.
- Ingrid Jendzrejewski; Finnian Burnett and Kathy Fish Saturday November 25th.
- Sarah Freligh, Emily Devane, and Nora Nadjarian Saturday January 13th
- Other events include:
- three themed flash fiction reading slots during each day.
- coffee, lunch and teatime chats with flash fiction friends from around the world.
- Yoga for writers with Sudha Balagopal.
- Videos of each day sent to all participants afterward.
- A FREE flash fiction contest with, writing challenges set by Festival Director, Jude Higgins and judged by NFFD director and writer, Diane Simmmons Prizes of books published by Ad Hoc Fiction and entries to Bath Flash Fiction Award. Reflecting the challenges in the Great British Bake Off, there will again be a ‘signature’ challenge in October, a ‘technical’ challenge in November and a ‘showstopper’ challenge in January.
There will be also an opportunity to submit flash fictions for inclusion in the next Flash Fiction Festival Anthology (no 7 – the violet edition) for any one who attends one or more of the days. Free paperback posted to contributors.