We’ll be back with another in-person Festval weekend on 14th-16th July, 2023 in the same venue as 2022 (Trinity College, Bristol UK). More details soon. Save the date!
The first series of our online GFFO took place in 2021, inspired by the popular TV show, The Great British Bake Off and Nancy Stohlman’s fun definition of flash fiction, above.
Come and join other flash fiction fans for more fun and flash on Zoom. Saturdays: October 8th; November 19th, 2022, January 7th, 2023.
Our festival days are open to all writers from around the world, those familiar with flash fiction and those who want to learn more.11.00 am GMT to 6.30 pm GMT.
On offer each month:
Three workshops each month (60 mins or 90 mins long) with well known teachers and writers on all aspects of flash.
- Kathy Fish; Emily Devane and Electra Rhodes, Saturday October 8th.
- Ingrid Jendzrejewski; Alison Woodhouse and Farhana Khalique,Saturday November 19th.
- Shelley Roche-Jacques; Carrie Etter (tbc) and Karen Jones Saturday January 7th.
- Other events include:
- a mystery half hour or hour with a special focus.
- three themed flash fiction reading slots during each day.
- coffee, lunch and teatime chats with flash fiction friends from around the world.
- Yoga for writers with Sudha Balagopal.
- Videos of each day sent to all participants afterward.
- A FREE flash fiction contest with, writing challenges set and judged by Festival Director, Jude Higgins. Prizes of books published by Ad Hoc Fiction and entries to Bath Flash Fiction Award. Reflecting the challenges in the Great British Bake Off, there will be a ‘signature’ challenge in October, a ‘technical’ challenge in November and a ‘showstopper’ challenge in January.
There will be also an opportunity to submit flash fictions for inclusion in the next Flash Fiction Festival Anthology for any one who attends one or more of the days. Free paperback posted to contributors.