We received 111 entries. Our judges, Festival Directors Diane Simmons and Jude Higgins, found out a lot of new information about cacti and there were so many inventive stories. We really enjoyed reading them this week, eventually whittling down our choices to the following brilliant micros:
- ‘Eye, Aye, I’, by Kathryn Clark.
Kathryn wins ‘The Arizona Collection’ a set of 12 notelets of gardens in Arizona, including two cards of the prompt photograph, generously donated by Royston Hunt and her micro is now published on his website alongside the photograph. She also wins a copy of one of the three Flash Fiction Festival Anthologies.
- Runners up, in alphabetical order:
- ‘Green Gardens’, by Amy Barnes.
- ‘A Brief History of My Family’s Recent Encounters with Cacti/Cactuses’, by Francis McCrickard.
- ‘Survival Skills’, by Lucy Zhang.
All runners up win a copy of one of the three Flash Fiction Festival Anthologies.
Congratulations to all! And thank you to everyone who entered.